Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Homeless World Cup

An Inspirational Story
UEFA.com, 12/20/2007
A documentary about the UEFA-backed Homeless World Cup, an international football tournament which changes lives, will enjoy its world premiere at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival, in Park City, Utah, in January.
The Homeless World Cup was this past fall. When I first read about it I thought it was an analogy or a joke but after seeing it pop up in my news feed a half dozen time I realized that it was literal, and real. Homeless players from Afghanistan, Kenya, Dublin, the US, Spain, and Russia (maybe more?) had the opportunity to represent their respective countries in a "world cup" to raise awareness about homelessness. I'm excited to see how the documentary turns out, Sundance usually has really neat films!

No comments: